Penn State Behrend provides the following services for sexual assaults that occur on or off campus:
- Subsidizes basic rape-related care at UPMC Hamot, Millcreek Community Hospital, St. Vincent Health Center, and/or the Penn State Behrend Health and Wellness Center.
- Provides a dusk-to-dawn escort service for a safer alternative to walking alone. Call Police Services at 898-6101 to arrange for an escort.
- Provides the services of a victim/witness advocate through the Personal Counseling Office and the Crime Victim Center of Erie County. Services include support, information, court accompaniment, and referrals.
- Provides assistance, advocacy, and educational programming through the Health and Wellness Center.
- Provides sexual assault counseling, including crisis services, through the Personal Counseling Office.
- Offers "trauma drop", a procedure for the retroactive withdrawal from semesters or dropping of courses, for victims of violence. Contact the Health and Wellness Center or Personal Counseling Office for more information.
- Includes a policy statement on sexual assault and abuse in the Code of Conduct. Violations of the policy are subject to disciplinary proceedings through Judicial Affairs.
Assisting Victims of Sexual Assault
Policy AD12: Sexual Assault, Relationship and Domestic Violence, and Stalking provides information about the services and reporting guidelines for sexual assault victims at Penn State.