It’s OK to change your mind.
Melanie did, and today she’s feeling right at home, pursuing a major in biology with a concentration in ecology, evolution, and behavior at Penn State Behrend.
Sometimes, it’s a matter of wanting an academic program your school doesn’t offer. Other times, it can simply be that the school you’re attending doesn’t feel like the right fit for you. No matter what reason you might have for transferring, it’s not too late—and it’s easy to do.
If you’ve already started college but want to transfer to Penn State Behrend, we’ll make your transition as smooth as possible. To start the process, simply follow the instructions below and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
If you have completed at least 18 credits at a regionally accredited college or university after high school, you qualify as a transfer student. If you have taken fewer than 18 credits, or if any of your credits were attempted while still in high school, you must apply as a first-year student. To be considered for transfer admission, you must have earned an overall GPA of at least 2.0 (a higher GPA may be required for some majors).
- Follow these steps to apply.
- Have official transcripts from high school and all post-secondary schools attended sent to: Penn State Erie, The Behrend College, Office of Admissions, 4701 College Drive, Erie, PA 16563.
- If you will be applying for a change of assignment from one of the other Penn State campuses, click here.
- Courses considered for transfer credit must be completed with a grade equivalent to "C" or higher, and be useful to the program of study at Penn State.
- To see if specific courses from another university will transfer, please check our transferring credits tool.
- Penn State operates on a rolling admissions basis. Although there is no specified deadline to apply, it is strongly recommended that transfer applications and official documents be submitted by February 1 for admission to summer and fall sessions and October 15 for admission to spring session.
- For additional information on the transfer admissions process, contact the Penn State Behrend Office of Admissions at 814-898-6100 or toll-free at 866-374-3378, or e-mail our transfer counselor.
- For information on next semester's classes, go to the schedule of courses.
Browse our brochure for Transfer Students: