To be an innovative engineering school where making things matters
Our mission is to:
- Deliver rigorous design-oriented programs, characterized by close student-faculty interaction, that prepare graduates for professional practice and graduate studies
- Conduct research and outreach, in an open laboratory environment, that contributes to knowledge in our fields of expertise, supports our educational objectives, and serves the needs of industry
- Cultivate our unique interdisciplinary educational environment that brings engineering and business together
Director's Welcome Message
- 1,360 undergraduate students and 56 full-time
- All engineering and engineering technology degree programs are accredited by ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology).
- The Interdisciplinary Business with Engineering Studies degree is offered jointly with the Sam and Irene Black School of Business and accredited by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
- Research Centers:
We pride ourselves on the following hallmarks:
- A U.S. News & World Report Top 50 undergraduate engineering school
- Internationally recognized Penn State degrees in a small college environment
- Rigorous undergraduate education emphasizing practical experiences that prepare our graduates for professional practice and graduate school
- More than 95 percent of graduates employed in field within one year
- Opportunities for undergraduate students to engage with faculty in funded undergraduate research
- Practical capstone design experiences, over 70% are industry sponsored, culminating in the
- Excellent equipment, laboratories, and facilities in the $30 million, 160,000-square-foot Jack Burke Research and Economic Development Center that opened in July 2006
- The first engineering school in the U.S. to be co-located with an AACSB accredited school of business (Sam and Irene Black School of Business)
- We offer the only undergraduate in the Penn State system
- is one of only four ABET-accredited programs in the country and at 10,500 square-feet, the plastics processing lab is the largest educational plastics laboratory in the country.
- Faculty actively engaged in research and applied research centers focused on meeting the needs of our constituents
- programs that engage and introduce K-12 students and teachers to engineering
- One of the largest undergraduate-only engineering schools in the nation, offering both engineering and engineering technology degree programs