Student Employment

** Summer Work-Study information
Please complete the Summer Federal Work-Study application on eLion by April 1, 2015. After logging in to your eLion account, click on the "Summer Workstudy" menu option.

If you will be enrolled at least half-time during the summer, it is important to schedule your Summer 2015 credits as early as possible (prior to April 1). Keep in mind that you will have to confirm registration by filing your Summer 2015 bill before you can begin to work.

If you will not be enrolled at least half-time during the summer, but will be enrolled at least half-time during Fall 2015 and/or Spring 2016, it is important to complete your 2015-16 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 15, 2015.

Federal Work-Study 
Federal Work-Study is a student financial aid program for eligible undergraduate and graduate students with high financial need that allows you to earn money to cover a portion of your educational expenses by working on campus or for an off-campus, nonprofit organization.

State Work-Study
The State Work-Study Program provides Pennsylvania students with employment opportunities in high-technology and community service fields. Through the program, you gain career-related, on-the-job work experience while earning money to help pay for your higher education.

Wage Payroll
If you are not awarded Federal or State Work-Study, you can still work on campus. Please review the list of wage payroll jobs; these jobs DO NOT require that you have Federal or State Work-Study.

Accepting a Position
Once you have received a work study or wage payroll position, or a graduate assistantship, you will need to take a number of steps in order to accept the position. Also, read the Student Employee Handbook for information about salaries, scheduling, and more. To receive a copy of the Student Employee Handbook, please contact your supervisor or the financial aid office.