If you start the year at another college or university and then want to transfer to Penn State Behrend, you should take the following steps to access student aid:
Transferring for Spring or Summer terms:
- Add Penn State to your current year's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA school code for all Penn State locations is 003329. You can add us online at FAFSA on the Web.
- If you receive a Pennsylvania State Grant, you must notify the PHEAA Grant Division that you will be transferring schools. You can contact them at 1-800-692-7392. Non-Pennsylvania residents should contact their home state grant agency.
- Notify the Registrar's Office and Financial Aid Office at your current institution that you will be transferring schools.
- Once you are offered admission to Penn State Behrend and we have your FAFSA information, a financial aid package will be prepared.
Transferring for Fall term:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1st prior to the fall in which you'll be enrolling. The FAFSA school code for all Penn State locations is 003329.
- For maximum financial aid consideration, you should be offered admission to Penn State Behrend by March 1. The financial aid packages for all NEW Penn State students are prepared in mid-March. Please apply for admission early enough so you have the best chances for financial aid.
- You will automatically be considered for most Penn State Behrend scholarship opportunities. We do have some scholarships that give priority to students who work or whose parents work at various companies. You can apply online for these scholarships; applications are due by February 1.