Congratulations on your acceptance to Penn State Behrend!
Here you'll find information and resources to help you prepare for life as a Penn State Behrend student. Also, be sure to check your e-mail regularly for important news, updates, and information from Penn State. Please let us know if you change your e-mail address.
What Comes Next?
- Accept offer of admission on MyPennState
- Check your email often for important messages from Penn State
- Like the Facebook page Penn State Behrend Class of 2018
- Financial Aid
You will receive an email when your student aid award notification has been prepared (late March). Review your award on eLion .
- On-line mathematics placement testing
- When you have paid the acceptance fee, you will then receive a postcard beginning in March (Summer and Fall admitted students) with information about online placement testing from University Park. If you do not receive a postcard, please contact the University Park office at 814-865-2578.
Schedule your New Student Orientation date
- After you have completed your placement test, you will receive an letter inviting you to schedule your New Student Orientation date. The letter will give you detailed instructions on how to schedule this date.
- Notify disability services if you need special accommodations or have a physical or learning disability for which you need additional support. (Michelle Brown, 814-898-7101)
- The New Student Orientation will be held during June or July where you will:
- Meet with an academic adviser
- Schedule classes
- Learn more about Penn State
- Tie up loose ends with the Financial Aid and Billing staff
- Pre-order your textbooks (optional)
- Learn more about Computers at Penn State
- Complete the University health history form. Students can complete the form after the receive their access id at the New Student Orientation or now by using their Friends of Penn State (MyPennState) account.
- Check room assignment information in early July
- Fall billing statements available in mid-July on eLion
- Confirm your fall registration in early August
- Arrival Day for new students who live on campus: Thursday, August 21, 2014
- You won’t believe how easy it is to move in!
- What to Pack!
- Special programs for parents are offered
- Fall Welcome Week: Thursday, August 21 – Sunday, August 24
- First Day of class: Monday, August 25
- Fall (Thanksgiving) Break: Saturday, November 22 –Sunday, November 30
- Final Exams: December 15-19
- Spring 2015 semester begins: Monday, January 12, 2015
- Spring Break: March 8-14, 2015
- Final Exams: May 4-8, 2015
Accept your offer of admission and pay your acceptance fees, ask questions, find out what courses will transfer to Penn State, and more.
Online forms for medical history, immunization information and the meningitis immunization requirement for on-campus housing.
Provides information about Housing Contracts.
Tuition and Fees
View our recommendations if you plan to purchase a computer to use for your studies.
Twitter: Follow your future college on Twitter.
Contains contact information and links to all departments on campus.
Need to contact us? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
Penn State Erie, The Behrend College
4851 College Drive
Erie, PA 16563
Toll free: 866-374-3378