Change of Campus


Almy HallAre you a student at another Penn State campus and are looking to transfer to Penn State Behrend to complete your studies? Our academic advisers, staff, and faculty will work with you to ensure your transition is a smooth one.

Students with questions concerning a change of campus to Behrend should contact Jane Brady, the Behrend College Registrar.

Definition and Policy

First-year undergraduate students who are admitted to the University may begin their studies at one of twenty Penn State campuses. All of these campuses generally provide the basic foundation courses required for first- and second-year students, and students are expected to complete two full years of academic work at the campus to which they are originally admitted.


Students requesting an early change of campus to Behrend must obtain the approval of their current campus as well as have the approval of the Behrend College Registrar’s Office in order to process the change.

Students generally declare their academic major at the end of their second year of enrollment during the entrance to major (ETM) process. If a student applies for a major that is not offered at the student’s current location, the student will be required to select an approved location during the ETM process. If the student participates in the entrance to major process, completes the requirements of the intended major and has earned more than 43.1 credits by the end of the appropriate fall semester, then a change of campus will be automatically processed. If the student has less than 43.1 credits or is not part of the ETM process, the student must file a change of campus request at the Registrar’s Office at their location. In all cases, the student is notified of the decision electronically.


Once students’ change of campuses to Behrend are approved, students will be assigned advisers. Pre-major students with academic goals and major students are assigned advisers in Behrend’s academic schools. Students can also seek advising assistance in Behrend’s Academic and Career Planning Center (ACPC).


Change of campus students who wish to apply for on-campus housing at Penn State Behrend must do so through the eLiving Housing Contract System. Those students planning to live off-campus should review housing opportunities made available through the Division of Student Affairs at Behrend.