The educational objectives of the Penn State Behrend Arts Administration program are to produce graduates:
- that are capable arts administrators, managers, and entrepreneurs
- that are skilled arts administrators that will facilitate the work of artists to realize their artistic vision and share it with the public
- that can execute the necessary financial, legal, and organizational decisions required to run an art gallery
- with an in-depth knowledge of history, especially of the visual arts, music, and the performing arts
- who know how to communicate their ideas effectively in different ways to diverse target groups
- who are able to function in an innovative leadership role within an arts or non-profit organization.
Graduates of the program are expected to demonstrate:
- solid knowledge of the aesthetic, cultural, and historical implications of the arts
- understand the purpose and methods of operation in various non-profit arenas
- an ability to effectively communicate with target audiences using technology and social-media based platforms
- knowledge of grantsmanship and strategic planning.