This interdisciplinary certificate program is designed to prepare students for a career in any field, practicing the 21st century skills necessary to be successful in today's world. Students are familiar with the use of social media for personal purposes, however they must develop the skills and attitude toward using technology systems, online content development, design, and marketing as well as online strategic planning relative to social media. They will understand how to use social media to promote, sell, and interact with customers to provide efficiency and profitability. Students completing this certificate will be prepared for the ever-growing careers in social media as well as the application of social media concepts in the marketplace.
This certificate requires a total of 15 credits hours and can be completed concurrently with a Penn State Behrend degree.
- MIS 204 - Introduction to MIS or CMPSC 203 (3 credits)
- MKTG 301 - Principles of Marketing (students in Communications will be advised to take ECON 102 or ECON 104 as General Eduction Courses) (3 credits)
Prerequisites: ENGL 015; ECON 102 or ECON 104; MATH 021
- MIS 387 - Website Design and Administration
Prerequisites: MIS 204 or CMPSC 203
- GD 100 - Introduction to Graphic Design (General Education) or COMM 270
- MKTG 422 - Advertising and Sales Promotion Management or COMM 320 Introduction to Advertising
Prerequisites: MKTG 301 for MKTG 422 and COMM 320 requires 4th semester standing
To apply for this certificate program, see the Registrar website.