Both the Behrend Computer Center and the Information Technology Services at University Park provide users with several avenues for obtaining help.

Penn State Behrend IT Staff

Faculty, staff, and students may request support by submitting the IT Support Request Form. (This form was previously known as a Work Order or Lab Trouble Ticket.)

For University resources and support, please contact the appropriate department at University Park.  Examples of University resources include eLion, IBIS, and ISIS.  Visit the Administrative Information Services Web site for more information.


Penn State Behrend Computer Consultants

Student computer consultants are on duty during the scheduled hours of operation in the Computer Center.  The consultants on duty will be wearing a name tag and are usually seated at the help desk (unless they are assisting other users).

The consultants are available to help students with general questions relating to computer hardware, software, or programming.  In addition, they distribute and collect documentation and accessories that are signed out by users.  Consultants also provide PC troubleshooting and support (including formatting the hard drive and reinstalling the operating system) for off-campus students.

The student consultants can also provide help over the phone.  The phone numbers and locations for the student consultant help desks are:

  • 898-6415, Hammermill (room 135)
  • 898-6083, Library Lab (room 4)
  • 898-6709, Burke Center (room 162)

In addition, you may send an email note to to request help with computer problems (such as general technical assistance, residence hall connection support, dial-up modem support, etc.).


Penn State University Park Computer Consultants

Information Technology Services (ITS) has graduate assistants who are available for consulting.  These consultants are available to help faculty, staff, and students with general computing questions.  The ITS help desk may be contacted by phone or email:

  • 814-865-HELP
  • 814-863-1035 (or toll-free 1-888-778-4010 within PA)

For more information about the ITS Help Desks, visit

If you would like to request help in a specific area, please refer to the University's web page for Help Desk Resources.