May 9 2014 - 6:30pm
Erie Insurance Arena
Friday, May 9
(Candidates for graduation should report by 5:30 p.m.)
Erie Insurance Arena
No tickets are necessary.
Commencement Speaker- Ms. Tracy Halmi, Senior Lecturer in Chemistry
Information for Graduates
- Baccalaureate service to be held Thursday, May 8 at 7:30 p.m. in the Smith Chapel.
- Intent to Graduate: Activate your intent to graduate for the spring on eLion from Jan. 2-27.
- Ceremony Registration: Candidates planning to attend the ceremony need to R.S.V.P. with the Registrar's Office at Senior Salute Days on Monday, March 24 from 10 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and Tuesday, March 25 from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. in the Reed Wintergarden. If you miss Senior Salute, please contact the Registrar's Office as soon as possible at (814) 898-6104.
- Required GPA for Graduation with Distinction
- Caps, Gowns, Rings, and Announcement Cards: Students participating in the academic procession and ceremony must wear caps and gowns, which can be purchased during Senior Salute Days on March 25 and 26. At this time, students may purchase class rings and personalized commencement announcement cards. For more information, please contact the Penn State Bookstore at 814-898-6236.
- Diplomas: If you wish to change the way your name will appear on your diploma, students should file a request for a name change promptly through the Registrar's office. They may also obtain more information during Senior Salute Days.
Information for Guests
- Photography: To commemorate this milestone occasion, a professional photograph is taken of each graduate. Prior to commencement, a mailing will be sent that details this arrangement, including how to place an order. To avoid congestion and to maintain decorum in the ceremony, we ask that family and friends refrain from approaching the stage when taking pictures or using a video camera.
- Parking: After 5:00 p.m., free parking will be offered in the Erie Insurance ramp on East 8th, directly across the street from the arena. We suggest that guests arrive no later than one half hour before the ceremony. Parking is widely available in the vicinity of the arena. Additional information will be sent home in April.
- Travel and Accommodations: This site includes information about transportation, directions to Behrend, and nearby hotels.