Did you know that there are approximately 20,000 job titles in our society? Many people choose career paths based on very limited knowledge regarding just a few of the career opportunities available to them. There are many ways to learn more about possible careers. Listed below are a few suggestions:
- Visit the ACPC's Resource Library. The ACPC has a large supply of books that include some of the latest publications on many careers.
- Review the Penn State Behrend Graduate Salary and Placement Data to get an idea of what graduates from different majors are making in their careers.
- Talk to a Penn State graduate who is currently working in a career that interests you. You can register with LionLink, a service of the Penn State Alumni Society.
- Conduct informational interviews with people from careers you are interested in.
- Attend to find out what kind of employers are hiring and what they look for in a good candidate.
- Use the many Web sites available to search careers on the Internet. Here are some of our recommendations, but there many others!
Once you have explored the possibilities, consider gaining experience in an area of interest through an internship.