Student Activity Fee proposal forms are used to apply for SAF funding. They should be completed by the person planning on coordinating the event. Some notes to consider when requesting funding:
- Programs funded by the Student Activity Fee must be open to all students. Additional guidelines can be found in the SAF Handbook.
- Quotes are required for all items for which you are seeking funds. Acceptable quotes include: printed price lists, brochures, and menus from the vendor; printout of an online shopping cart; email from the vendor; and other written quotes from the vendor. Unacceptable quotes include: phone calls; third party email messages; and quotes from previously held events.
- Quotes for Housing & Food Services and the Copy and Multimedia Center are available online. If you need a more specialized quote, you should contact those offices no less than one week before the proposal deadline.
- Proposal forms and quotes should be printed single-sided. You only need to turn in one copy of your packet.
- The University has a list of approved entertainment vendors, caterers, and bus lines. Vendors may work with Risk Management to be added to these lists.
The SAF proposal form is available as a Microsoft Word document. Please take all the space you need to fully explain your program. For assistance with proposal writing, please call the Office of Student Activities at (814) 898-6171 to set up an appointment with Christa Morris or the Assistant Director of Clubs and Organizations.