Immunization Requirements

Penn State University or the state of Pennsylvania require proof of certain standard immunizations, such as those for meningococcal (bacterial) meningitis and for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR).

If you need to receive either of these vaccinations, contact the Health and Wellness Center or make an appointment online.  You can pay by cash, check, LionCash+, or charge it to your student account.

Meningococcal (Bacterial) Meningitis Immunization

Pennsylvania state law requires that all students living in University-owned housing must complete the Meningococcal Vaccine Certification form.  To complete this form or to obtain additional information, visit Penn State's Meningococcal Vaccination Information site.

Meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4), also called Menactra, works well and protects about 90% of those who get it.  It can prevent four types of meningococcal disease, including 2 of the 3 types most common in the U.S.  Menactra cannot prevent all types of the disease, but it does protect many people who might become sick if they didn't get the vaccine.

Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)

Penn State requires proof that you have received the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vacination.

International Students

In addition to the above immunizations, a tuberculosis (TB) test is required for foreign born students who are at high risk for TB.  Visit this site for details regarding immunization requirements for international students.


  • Immunizations - Refer to this site for other immunizations that are available through the Health and Wellness Center.