John McCutcheon is a lab technician in the School of Engineering at Penn State Erie, The Behrend College. He received the associate degree in electrical engineering technology from Penn State Behrend in 1985. He was subsequently hired by the School in 1986 with several years of industrial experience.
John's job responsibilities include:
- Lab preparation, including set-up prior to classes
- Maintaining familiarity with equipment, circuits, etc.
- Providing advice to faculty on optimum choice and making arrangements to meet objectives of laboratory experiments
- Design and fabricate routine equipment for student and faculty use
- Repair of small equipment
- Ordering and maintaining stock parts
- Assign and direct the work of student employees