1. The University of Mississippi, Medicinal Chemistry Department. “Antimicrobial Peptides in Polymer Coatings Systems”. December 2004.
2. 18th EPSCoR National Conference 2005. “Student Entrepreneurial Experiences - NSF IGERT Program”. September, 2005. San Juan, Puerto Rico
3. Oklahoma EPSCoR Women in Science – Mentoring Women in the STEM Majors. “Action Action Action, the Critical Role of Action in Your Success.” October, 2005. Oklahoma City, OK
4. The 4th Annual INSPIRE Conference. “Action Action Action, the Critical Role of Action in Your Success.” September 2006. Hattiesburg, MS
5. BASF Central Physics Research, “Impact of waterborne dispersants on biocide efficacy”, , February 12, 2007. Ludwigshafen Germany
6. Bayer MaterialScience Coatings Research, “Impact of waterborne dispersants on biocide efficacy”, , February 14, 2007. Leverkusen, Germany
7. The Committee on Services and Resources for Women, The University of Southern Mississippi, “The Impact of Project Action”, April 3, 2007. Hattiesburg, MS
8. Bayer MaterialScience “The NanoMaterials Commercialization Center Model” June, 2008.
9. Northwest PA Society of Plastics Engineers – “Opportunities for NanoMaterials in Polymer Molding Applications”, November 20, 2008. Erie, PA
10. Guest Lecturer, Chemistry. Penn State University, October 2009. University Park, PA
11. Sherwin Williams Technical Community Day, “Formulating Around Bacteria Tastebuds: The Impact of Coatings Components on the Survival of P. aeruginosa and Biocide Efficacy”, May 2010. Cleveland, OH
12. Biobased Chemicals East: Panelist for “The Majors Respond”. September 2010, Boston, MA
Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Chen, Huipeng; Lentz, Daniel M.; Rhoades, Alicyn M.; Pyles, Robert A.; Haider, Karl W.; Vanapalli, Siva A.; Nunley Ryan K.; Hedden, Ronald C. Surface infusion micropatterning of elastomeric substrates. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics (2012), 12(1-4), 451-464.
2. Lentz, Daniel M.; Rhoades, Alicyn M.; Pyles, Robert A.; Haider, Karl W.; Angelone, Mark S.; Hedden, Ronald C. Combinatorial study of a gold nanoparticle infusion process in a polymer film. Journal of Nanoparticle Research (2011), 13(10), 4795-4808.
3. Rhoades, Alicyn., Wicks, Douglas A., Miriyala, Bruhaspathy, Williamson, John. Interactions of an antimicrobial peptide (Ac-RRWWRF-NH2) and surfactants: Towards antimicrobial peptide additives for coatings applications. Progress in Organic Coatings (2007), 58(2-3), 209-216
4. Wicks, Douglas A., Rhoades, Alicyn M., Williamson, John S., Miriyala, Bruhaspathy. Investigation of antimicrobial peptide salts: efficacy and solubility in surfactant solutions for latex systems. Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings (2006), 894(Combinatorial Methods and Informatics in Materials Science), 139-146.
5. Rhoades, Alicyn. and Wicks, D. “Impact of Latex Components on the Survival of Pseudomonas aeruginosa”, Journal of Coatings Technology: Research (2005). Vol. 2/8, 607-615.
Proceedings and Conference Presentations
1. Rhoades, A., Wicks, D., Williamson, J., Miriyala, B. “The Impact of Surfactant Structure on the Efficacy and Solubility of Antimicrobial Peptides”. Proceedings of the International Waterborne, High Solids, and Powder Coatings Symposium (2006). 33, 327-337.
2. Rhoades, A.; Wicks, Douglas A.; Williamson, John; Miriyala, Bruhaspathy. “Oligopeptides as antimicrobial agents in aqueous polymer systems.” Abstracts of Papers, 230th ACS National Meeting, Washington, DC, United States, Aug. 28-Sept. 1, 2005 (2005) (publication and presentation)
3. Rhoades, A.; Hathorne, Adam P.; Wicks, Douglas A. “The impact of surfactant structure and morphology on biocide efficacy.” Abstracts of Papers, 230th ACS National Meeting, Washington, DC, United States, Aug. 28-Sept. 1, 2005 (2005) (publication and presentation)
4. Rhoades, A.; Hathorne, A.; Alam, A.; Elasri, M.; Wicks, D. “High Throughput Fluorescence-Based Investigation of the Impact of Latex Components on the Efficacy of Biocides.” Polymeric Materials Science and Engineering (2004). 90, 807-808. (presentation)
5. Rhoades, A.; Elasri, M.; Wicks, D. “Fluorescence-Based Study of Bacteria Survival in Water-Based Latex.” Proceedings of the International Waterborne, High-Solids, and Powder Coatings Symposium (2004). 31, 237-249. (presentation)
6. Rhoades, A.; Elasri, M.; Wicks, D. “Fluorescence-Based Study of Bacteria Survival in the Presence of Latex Components.” Southern Society for Coatings Technology Annual Meeting. Jacksonville, FL. April 2004. (presentation)
7. Rhoades, A. and Wicks, D. “Fluorescence-Based Study of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Bacterium Survival in Solutions of Water-Based Latex Components.” National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Combinatorial Methods Center Meeting 4-Formulation, Gaithersburg, MD. October 2003. (poster presentation)
8. Rhoades, A.; Wicks, D. “Fluorescence-Based Evaluation of Additive Effects on Latex Spoilage.” Gordon Research Conference on Combinatorial and High Throughput Materials Science, Buellton, CA. January 2004. (poster presentation)
9. Rhoades, A. and Wicks, D.; “Fluorescence-Based Study of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Bacterium Survival in Solutions of Water-Based Latex Components.” Polymers for Advanced Technologies Annual Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, FL. September 2003. (poster presentation)
10. Rhoades, A.; Wicks, D. “Antimicrobial Peptides as Preservatives in Water-Based Emulsions – A Combinatorial Approach.” Annual Scientific Seminar: Society of Cosmetic Chemists. Washington, D.C. May 2003. (poster presentation)
11. Haney, A.; McConaughy, S. “Using Crosslinked Polyethylene to Stabilize Metal Injection Molding Feedstock.” Annual Technical Conference – Society of Plastics Engineers (2001). 59(3), 3288-3291. (presentation)
12. Haney, A.; Miller, K. “Developing a System to Activate a Post-Molding Blowing Agent in the Application Field.” .” Annual Technical Conference – Society of Plastics Engineers (2001). 59(3), 3285-3287. (presentation)