Call Answer is when your telephone is busy or not answered and the call goes to your voice mail.
Direct Messaging is leaving a message in the mailbox of an individual without speaking to them or listening to the phone ring.
Set Call Answer
- Go to your voice mail (VM).
- Press 1 at the menu.
- Record your message.
- Press # to approve or 1 to re-record. Address the VM number, press # when you have finished. Repeat these steps for additional VM boxes.
- When you are through with these steps, press # to approve. You can then press # again to send or 0 for options. (Press 1 for private message; your message becomes a private message and cannot be forwarded. Press 2 for a priority message; a message is presented before other messages, to change the status back to non-priority press 2 again.)
- Press 3 to schedule delivery up to one year. Enter the hour of delivery, for example, 2:05 (1 or 2 digits for the hour and 2 digits for the minutes). Press A for AM and P for PM. Press # after this is completed.
- Press month and date, at this time, to deliver on a certain date. For example, for August 29th you will need to press 829 (date requires 1 or 2 digits for the month and always 2 digits for the day). Press # after this is completed. The system will repeat the date and time to you. To approve, press #, or to delete, press *D.
- Dial 82 and wait for the announcement that you have reached the message desk. Put in the Voice Mail # you wish to leave a message for. You can leave a message just like your call/answer message.
Transfer a Call to a Voice Mail Box
- Press transfer or flash, 82, when you hear the beginning of the announcement.
- Put in the 4-digit number. When you hear the beginning of the greeting, press transfer or flash again, to release yourself.