An Access account is a user ID and password that enables faculty, staff, and students to use the public labs as well as the full-range of Internet services on and off campus.
Students automatically receive an Access account when they enroll for credit classes at Penn State. Faculty and staff need to apply for an Access account by contacting the staff assistant in the Computer Center. Faculty, staff, and students may obtain their user ID and password by using a signature station. Signature stations are located in the following areas:
- Burke Center Help Desk (room 162)
- CyberLounge (Hammermill 135)
- Registrar's office (Metzgar Building)
- Senat Hall (housing office suite)
The Access account may be used:
- to apply for a residence hall network connection. The dorms and apartments are configured for Internet access via a backbone connection. You also need your own PC and a network card.
- in the networked computer labs. Please read the Appropriate Use Statement which governs the usage of Access accounts, computers, and information networks.
- from your office using Penn State's backbone.
- from your home using a high-speed Internet service provider or cellular phone service.
For information about the electronic access system, please see the following resource: Penn State Digital Identity Accounts.