There have been several enhancements to the lynda.com tutorials.
- Interviews with and documentaries on industry leaders and artistic visionaries.
- Free app to access the tutorials from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad compatible device. (Go to http://lynda.psu.edu, click on the Apps tab, and follow the instructions to download and to use the app.)
In addition, Penn State recently upgraded to lyndaCampus which provides additional benefits. Now you can:
- Manage information in your personal profile.
- Keep track of your course history and recent activity.
- Bookmark your favorite courses, tutorials, and specific points within movies.
- Earn certificates of course completion.
If you’re not familiar with lynda.com, these are online video tutorials for over 250 software applications as well as media development skills (such as photography). The tutorials for each application are segmented by topic and are approximately 5 to 15 minutes in length. This makes it quick and easy to learn a specific topic. The tutorials are a great resource for faculty, staff, and students --- whether as a supplement for a course, for professional development, or learning technology skills.
For more information or to access the tutorials, visit: http://lynda.psu.edu/.