The Computer Center consists of several public labs on campus, including:
- CyberLounge (H135), 26 PCs
- HP Core2 Duo, 3 GHz Lab (H139), 16 PCs
- HP Pentium, Core 2 Duo 3 GHz Lab (H143), 35 PCs
- HP 4 Cores, 2.7 GHz Library Lab (Room 4), 55 PCs
- HP 4 Cores, 2.7 GHzLibrary Lab (Room 201), 25 PCs
- HP Pentium, 3.2 GHz Lab (N155), 48 PCs
- HP Pentium, 3.2 GHz Lab (N156), 41 PCs
- HP Pentium, 3.2 GHz Lab (Burke 153), 40 PCs
- HP Pentium, 3.2 GHz Lab (Burke 175), 48 PCs
- HP Pentium, 3.2 GHz Lab (Burke 176), 48 PCs
- HP Pentium, 2.8 GHZ Networking Lab (W109), 25 PCs
- HP Pentium, 2.8 GHZ Linux Lab (W110), 27 thin-client/blade PCs
These public labs are available to Penn State Behrend students, faculty, and staff during regularly scheduled hours of the Computer Center unless otherwise posted or reserved for classes. Please refer to the reserved lab schedules to check for lab availability.)
The computer labs are scheduled on a priority basis to provide an equal opportunity for students, faculty, and staff to use the lab facilities. Faculty and staff may schedule computer labs through the . If you are interested in scheduling a lab for seminars or classes, see the guidelines for Scheduling Labs.
Public Lab Facilities
The PCs have access to a variety of software applications via a file server. For instance, there is software for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, Web pages, and much more. In addition, all PCs have an Internet connection that allows for e-mail and Web browsing.
Each public lab also contains a black-and-white laser printer and there is no charge for printing. If you need color copies, contact the Copy and Multimedia Center.
The PCs are configured with:
- Intel processors
- up to 4 GB of memory
- a hard drive
- a CD-RW/DVD combo drive
- sound card (although the internal PC speakers are disabled, you can use the headphone jack)
- Windows 7 operating system
In addition, the PCs support the use of most USB pen/thumb drives.