Develop new academic programs
To meet the needs of 21st century students and our region while growing enrollment
We have a good portfolio of programs. To grow to the next level, we will need to:
- Add new and reinvigorate existing degree programs.
- Re-imagine the role of general education,
reflecting theme and certificate-based areas of study.
- Implement increasingly flexible scheduling patterns.
- Revitalize recruitment and retention practices.
- Foster partnerships with other Penn State campuses.
Increase funded research and outreach
To enhance the regional economy and attract business to northwestern Pennsylvania
Our capabilities are underutilized and faculty research impact limited. To grow, we will need to:
- Build relevant sponsored research support services.
- Re-evaluate the college’s incentive/reward system.
- Strengthen undergraduate research and global learning opportunities,
matching college, faculty, and staff mutual interests.
- Collaborate with industry, government, and university partners.
- Focus on areas of faculty expertise and regional need.
- Leverage Knowledge Park, implementing “open lab" concepts
that bring together faculty, student, and corporate researchers.
Realize the potential of Penn State
Through the development of a mutually beneficial collaboration with other campuses in the system
Optimize the use of campus
Taking advantage of existing capacity to support student success and enrollment growth
With more than 800 acres and 1 million square feet under roof, we have a campus infrastructure rivaling that of much larger instructions. It can be better utilized:
- For adult and non-traditional students
- On evenings and weekends
- During the summer months
- Through Knowledge Park