Friday, May 3
(Candidates for graduation should report by 5:45 p.m.)
Erie Insurance Arena
No tickets are necessary.
Commencement Speaker- Dr. Joshua Shaw, Associate Professor of Philosophy, School of Humanities & Social Sciences
Information for Graduates
- Intent to Graduate: Activate your intent to graduate for the fall on eLion from Jan. 2-21.
- Ceremony Registration: Candidates planning to attend the ceremony need to R.S.V.P. with the Registrar's Office at Senior Salute Days on Monday, March 25 from 10 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. and Tuesday, March 26 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. in the Reed Wintergarden. If you missed Senior Salute, please contact the Registrar's Office as soon as possible at (814) 898-6104.
- Required GPA for Graduation with Distinction
- Caps, Gowns, Rings, and Announcement Cards: Students participating in the academic procession and ceremony must wear caps and gowns, which can be purchased during Senior Salute Days on March 25 and 26. At this time, students may purchase class rings and personalized commencement announcement cards. For more information, please contact the Penn State Bookstore at 814-898-6236.
- Diplomas: If you wish to change the way your name will appear on your diploma, students should file a request for a name change promptly through the Registrar's office. They may also obtain more information during Senior Salute Days.
Baccalaureate Service: A baccalaureate service will be held on Thursday, May 2 at 7 p.m. in the Smith Chapel for spring 2013 graduates and their families
Information for Guests
- Photography: To commemorate this milestone occasion, a professional photograph is taken of each graduate. Prior to commencement, a mailing will be sent that details this arrangement, including how to place an order. To avoid congestion and to maintain decorum in the ceremony, we ask that family and friends refrain from approaching the stage when taking pictures or using a video camera.
- Parking: Family and friends are encouraged to arrive with sufficient time to park and walk to the Erie Insurance Arena before the processional begins. We suggest that guests arrive no later than one half hour before the ceremony. Parking is widely available in the vicinity of the arena. Additional information will be sent home in April.