Penn State Behrend offers several academic programs to fit your needs, including 34 baccalaureate degree majors, six associate degree majors, four pre-professional programs, two graduate programs, 22 minors, and eight undergraduate certificate programs. Visit our page for more information on these programs.
Although most of these programs can be completed during the day, Penn State Behrend also offers several programs that are available for evening completion, keeping your many different work, family and community responsibilities in mind.
Evening Undergraduate Degree Programs
Penn State Behrend offers three associate degrees and three bachelor's degrees for evening completion.
- General Business, Associate Degree (2GBBC): A 60-credit program that allows for a general overview of several aspects of business. In addition, it provides a steppingstone to all baccalaureate degree programs in business at Penn State Behrend.
- Letters, Arts, and Sciences, Associate Degree (2LABC) is a 60-credit program that allows for a concentration of coursework in the liberal arts/humanities areas. This degree can be used to pursue any of the baccalaureate degrees in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Mechanical Engineering Technology, Associate Degree (2MET): A 67-69 credit program designed to prepare graduates for careers as engineering technicians in industry or for technical sales. The primary focus of this program is the development of fundamental workforce skills.
- : A 131-credit program that emphasizes modern industrial practices. The program emphasizes studies in materials, load bearing capability of parts and manufacturing processes and advanced design technology.
- : The general option is a 125-credit program that prepares students for careers in personnel administration and general management.
- : The liberal studies option is a 124-credit program that is popular with returning adult students who want the flexibility to customize their degree to fit their vocational needs. Select courses based on interest and vocational goal.
Evening Certificate Programs
Penn State Behrend offers five undergraduate certificate programs for evening completion. The certificate programs are designed for the adult learner who wants to upgrade their skills or begin coursework that will not only complete the certificate but also apply toward majors offered by the Sam and Irene Black School of Business and the School of Engineering and Engineering Technology.
: An 18-credit Business Certificate and a subsequent 13-credit Advanced Business Certificate is offered through the Sam and Irene Black School of Business. These certificates are intended for those just entering or desiring to enter the business field as well as for those who have a business background and would like to enhance their business skills.
*Please note that the Sam and Irene Black School of Business also offers a Financial Planning certificate. This is NOT an evening certificate. For additional information on this certificate, contact Kay Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
: This three-tiered certificate option, intended for those working in mechanical engineering technology or related fields, will provide a solid foundation in engineering technology and can lead to an associate or baccalaureate degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- World Campus: Penn State offers several online programs if you're looking to earn credits outside of the classroom.
- College Level Exam Program (CLEP): If you have taken College-Level Exam Program (CLEP) exams, you may be able to earn Penn State credit. Contact the Admissions Office for information.
- Community and Workforce Programs: Companies interested in employee training programs, and individuals looking for non-credit training in a variety of topics can do so through Penn State Behrend's Office of Community and Workforce Programs.
For information regarding admission to Penn State Behrend, please contact our Admissions Office.