Make sure you are staying on track with your academic and career goals by following this recommended Career Planning Schedule:
- Make an ACPC appointment for an interest inventory and majors/career discussion.
- Research careers by using CDC Web Site and career lending library.
- Use Lion Link to discuss careers with Penn State graduates.
EXPLORE CAREER ALTERNATIVES
- Make ACPC appointment to explore careers related to intended major.
- Shadow people in careers of interest to you.
- Attend Alumni Career Panels.
- Begin creating a resume and discuss getting relevant experience with ACPC staff.
- Assume leadership roles within your clubs and organizations.
- Check with the ACPC to investigate/complete internships and part-time jobs relevant to major.
- Conduct informational interviews with alumni/potential employers.
- Attend .
PREPARE FOR THE PROFESSIONAL WORLD (Semesters 6-8)
- Discuss job/graduate school search with faculty/ACPC staff.
- Have your resume reviewed by the ACPC staff.
- Complete a mock interview.
- Use web-based recruiting system to apply for on-campus interviews with employers.
- Attend .
- Check ACPC internship and full-time job postings.
- Apply to graduate schools, if appropriate.
- Inform ACPC when offered job and/or graduate school admission.